Info for painting: art.thewalters.org/detail/28889/politics-in-an-oyster-house/
New Addition for American Revolution
Please use any of this to help with your Federalist and Anti-Federalist work. Please download if you need to use these documents.
Government, Politics, & Law
Checks and Balances
Federal Govt. Structure
Jefferson and Sally
Road to Constitution
Slavery in Constitution
fedantifed.pdfFederalist v.s Anti-federalists
Commentary on each papers from above.
10 & 51
A video we watched in class again.
The Bill of rights research
Bill of Rights PDF PPT
Supreme Court Documentary
- Describe the contributions of various religious groups to American civic principles and social reform movements (e.g., civil and human rights, individual responsibility and the work ethic, antimonarchy and self-rule, worker protection, family-centered communities).
- Analyze the great religious revivals and the leaders involved in them, including the First Great Awakening, the Second Great Awakening, the Civil War revivals, the Social Gospel Movement, the rise of Christian liberal theology in the nineteenth century, the impact of the Second Vatican Council, and the rise of Christian fundamentalism in current times.
- Cite incidences of religious intolerance in the United States (e.g., persecution of Mormons, anti-Catholic sentiment, anti-Semitism).
- Discuss the expanding religious pluralism in the United States and California that resulted from large-scale immigration in the twentieth century.
- Describe the principles of religious liberty found in the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses of the First Amendment, including the debate on the issue of separation of church and state.