- "In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life." Eric Foner. A Short History of Reconstruction (1990) p. 184
Links below are for waybacks & our second to last notebook. We will have one more IPN!
2. Definition of Reconstruction
3. 5 myths about Reconstruction
4. Teaching Slavery refresher
5. RECONSTRUCTION AND RIGHTS OF CITIZENSHIP
6. PRESIDENT GRANT 1869-1877
7. ESSENTIAL HISTORICAL QUESTIONS RECAP
8. NEW ORLEANS MASSACRE 1866
9. FIRST AMERICAN TERRORIST GROUP?
10. THE LOST CAUSE
11. THE FACTS ABOUT RECONSTRUCTION
12. Why teach Reconstruction
13. Reconstruction Archives
14. Panic of 1873